“As a company, we strive to create beautiful tile designs responsibly,” said Paij Thorn-Brooks, vice president of marketing, Dal-Tile LLC. “Under our brands’ ‘Our Promise’ sustainability platform, we are focused on creating a more climate positive future by being dedicated stewards of our global impact, leveraging our resources to shrink our footprint and reduce our waste. Not only do we strive as a company to encourage sustainable activity around Earth Day, but we are keenly focused on this effort 365 days a year via myriad environmental sustainability efforts.”
The Daltile, Marazzi and American Olean environmental sustainability efforts include, but are not limited to:
- 99% — Over 99% of tile collections contain recycled or reclaimed materials.
- 300 million — On average, all North American facilities recover and reuse over 300 million pounds of recycled and/or reclaimed material per year.
- 17% — 2018 to present, carbon footprint has been reduced by 17%.
- 84% — Recover and reuse 84% of all process wastewater generated in our manufacturing plants to make tile products.
- 125 million — Sustainability measures have prevented over 125 million gallons of wastewater from entering local municipal water treatment facilities.
- 11% — Reduced energy consumption by 11% at all company-owned sales service centers and distribution facilities.
- 0% — Tiles are made from only natural materials: water, clay, sand, feldspar and other minerals, and contain zero VOCs, PVCs, allergens or formaldehyde.
- The companies have developed and continue to maintain product-specific EPDs, including product-specific HPDs for each of the core companies.
“We look forward to doing great things as we continue to grow our multifaceted sustainability program,” concluded Thorn-Brooks. “Our commitment to having a positive impact on the world around us is one of the core pillars of our business.”
About Dal-Tile LLC
Dal-Tile LLC is the largest manufacturer and marketer of tile, natural stone, and countertop products used in residential and commercial spaces across North America. Under its three powerhouse brands — Daltile, Marazzi, and American Olean — Dal-Tile leads the industry in both design and product innovation, and is committed to incorporating sustainable programs, materials, processes, and products throughout its organization. Dal-Tile is a division of Mohawk Industries, the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. For more information on Dal-Tile and Mohawk Industries, please visit mohawkind.com. For product information, visit daltile.com, marazzitile.com and americanolean.com.