By reducing their carbon footprint an impressive 17% since 2018, leading tile company sister brands Daltile, Marazzi and American Olean were key contributors to their parent company, Mohawk Industries, being named to USA Today’s recent “America’s Climate Leaders” list. This substantial reduction in carbon emissions is just one of many sustainability accomplishments the brands have achieved to date, providing their customers with tile that is not only beautiful and durable but sustainably and responsibly manufactured.
“As a company, we create beautiful tile designs responsibly,” said Paij Thorn-Brooks, vice president of marketing, Dal-Tile LLC. “Under our brands’ ‘Our Promise’ sustainability platform, we are focused on creating a more climate-positive future by being dedicated stewards of our global impact, leveraging our resources to shrink our footprint and reduce our waste.”
The Daltile’s, Marazzi’s and American Olean’s environmental sustainability efforts include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 99% — Over 99% of tile collections contain recycled or reclaimed materials.
- 300 million — On average, North American facilities recover and reuse over 300 million pounds of recycled and/or reclaimed material per year.
- 17% — 2018 to present the companies have reduced carbon footprint by 17%.
- 84% — Overall, they recover and reuse 84% of all process wastewater in US- and Mexico-based facilities.
- 125 million — Company programs and measures have prevented over 125 million gallons of wastewater from entering local municipal water treatment facilities annually.
- 11% — Reduced energy consumption by 11% at all sales service centers and distribution facilities.
- 0% — Products are made from only natural materials: water, clay, sand, feldspar, and other minerals, and contain zero VOCs, zero plastics, zero PVCs, zero allergens and zero formaldehyde.
- Developed and continue to maintain product-specific EPDs, and produced product-specific HPDs for each of the core companies.
- 341 tons — Recycled over 341 tons of cardboard and office paper, averaging 68 tons per year.
- 9X — Nine of the manufacturing facilities have achieved Mohawk’s internal Zero Landfill Certification.
- 6 out of 11 — 6 out of 11 of US- and Mexico-based facilities are zero-discharge facilities (meaning they recover and reuse a full 100% of their process wastewater).
- Millions — Sent millions of pounds of materials to state-approved beneficial reuse programs.
About Dal-Tile LLC
Dal-Tile LLC is the largest manufacturer and marketer of tile, natural stone, and countertop products used in residential and commercial spaces across North America. Under its three powerhouse brands — Daltile, Marazzi, and American Olean — Dal-Tile leads the industry in both design and product innovation and is committed to incorporating sustainable programs, materials, processes, and products throughout its organization. Dal-Tile is a division of Mohawk Industries, the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. For more information on Dal-Tile and Mohawk Industries, please visit mohawkind.com. For product information, visit daltile.com, marazzi.com and americanolean.com.