Hardwoods Specialty Products Rebrands: New Logo, Tagline and Website
Hardwoods Specialty Products introduces a new logo and brand identity, and along with itm they’ve launched an innovative new website. The contemporized branding pays homage to the company’s 90 year heritage while lighting a path for the next phase of its dynamic growth as one of the largest suppliers of architectural and decorative materials in North America.
The refreshed color scheme of Hardwoods Specialty Products’ abbreviated new logo is supported by the tagline, “Materials That Inspire.” Inspiration is at the heart of Hardwoods’ mission to encourage designers, cabinetmakers and millworkers to seek innovative ways of integrating materials to create healthy residential and commercial interiors. To that end, Hardwoods is committed to offering globally sourced materials that adhere to the highest environmental, ethical and quality control standards.
The new website at employs engaging and dynamic elements to enhance the visitor’s ability to quickly find what they are looking for among the thousands of SKUs of products categorized on the site. The extensive collection of products includes hardwood plywood, prefinished decorative architectural panels, high-gloss, matte and synthetic panels, decorative veneers, solid surfaces, TFL, HPL, and as always top-quality hardwood lumber.
Key features of the new Hardwoods’ website include:
- In addition to English, visitors can select French, Spanish, Italian, Punjabi or Hindi to browse the site.
- Dynamic graphics. The revolving slideshow on the home page incorporates eye-catching video snippets that help tell Hardwoods’ story and highlight the hardwood lumber, panel and other architectural products that the company offers.
- Enhanced products finder. Visitors can browse products under key categories like TFL, particleboard or hardwood plywood. In addition, individual microsites allow visitors to browse all of the products that Hardwoods offers from a specific supplier.
- Individualized branch location finder. The microsite approach also applies to highlighting each of Hardwoods’ 32 branch locations allowing customers to access information specific to their Hardwoods’ distribution center. A number of locations offer a video tour inside of the warehouse showcasing the extensive and diverse inventory that is on hand for customers.
- A&D Resources: Links to the DesignOneSource website provide support to Hardwoods’ architectural and design clients across North America.
“The launch of Hardwoods’ new brand identity marks a new era for the company and also a reminder of how far the company has evolved from its original roots,” says Gord Clough, HDI marketing director. “The new logo is for us a symbol of a culmination of many industry-leading advancements that we have made in redefining our role as a valued supplier to customers and an excellent partner to our suppliers.
“We have quietly and efficiently integrated these many improvements and capabilities into the Hardwoods’ business model to create a new company that bears little resemblance to the old firm of just a few years ago,” Clough adds. “We have positioned Hardwoods to be the best partner to our customers and suppliers, and a rewarding and safe place to work for our employees.”
About Hardwoods Specialty Products
Hardwoods Specialty Products operates as a division of HDI and has a network of 32 distribution centers including eight in Canada and 25 in the United States. HDI is one of North America’s largest distributors of architectural-grade building and millwork products to the residential and commercial construction industries. The company currently operates a network of 86 distribution and fabrication facilities in North America consisting of five industry leading distribution brands: Mid-Am Supply, Novo Building Products, Frank Paxton Lumber Company, Rugby Architectural Building Products, and Hardwoods Specialty Products. The company trades on the TSX sticker symbol HDI.