Makita Adds 19 New XGT Cordless Equipment and Tools to Expanding System
The new XGT releases include seven new gas-replacement solutions.
Makita, the innovation leader in cordless technology, continues its expansion of the 40V | 80V max XGT System with the announcement of 19 new products.
The 19 XGT releases span across trades and applications including residential construction, metalworking and woodworking as well as dust extraction, outdoor power equipment and more.
One Cordless System for Equipment and Tools
The XGT System gives users one battery platform for a full range of XGT equipment and tools, from demolition hammers and high-capacity saws to core handheld tools like drills and impact drivers and more. The new releases further extend the XGT System, taking battery-powered products into spaces that have historically been dominated by products powered by cords, gas and compressed air.
100 XGT Solutions by the end of 2022
“The May launch further expands XGT across trades and applications, and it includes seven new cutting and trimming solutions for pro landscapers,” said Wayne Hart, senior communications manager, Makita USA. “The new XGT string trimmers, brush cutter and pole saws are true gas-replacement solutions, and there is more XGT outdoor power equipment on the way to meet the strong demand for commercial-duty battery-powered OPE. It’s all part of the continued growth of the XGT System, which will reach 100 equipment and tools by the end of 2022.”
Outdoor Power Equipment
Seven new XGT products include string trimmers, hedge trimmers, pole saws and a brush cutter. All deliver commercial-duty performance with lower noise, less maintenance, zero emissions, and no pull starts.
- 40V max XGT Brushless 10″ Pole Saw, 8’L (GAU01), 40V max XGT Brushless 10″ Telescoping Pole Saw, 13’L (GAU02) – Both Pole Saws deliver the power of a 35cc gas pole saw, with performance features that allow users to reach higher and trim branches with ease. An additional benefit is lower weight than gas-powered pole saws.
- 40V max XGT Brushless 24″ Single-Sided Hedge Trimmer (GHU04), 40V max XGT Brushless Cordless 30″ Single-Sided Hedge Trimmer (GHU04) – Both Hedge Trimmers have the power of a 22.7cc gas-equivalent hedge trimmer and up to 13% more torque for cutting thick branches.
- 40V max XGT Brushless 17″ String Trimmer (GRU04), 40V max XGT Brushless Cordless 17″ String Trimmer (GRU03) – Both String Trimmers provide the power equivalent to a 30cc string trimmer and feature a steel drive shaft for lower vibration. Model GRU03 includes a brush cutter debris shield to convert for use with a trimmer head or brush cutter blade.
- 40V max XGT Brushless Brush Cutter (GRU02) – The efficient brushless motor delivers the power equivalent to a 30cc string trimmer and features a steel drive shaft for lower vibration. It includes a bike handle design for improved grip and ergonomics.
Metal Cutting Saws
Two new metal cutting solutions include a powerful portable band saw and a 7-1/4″ circular saw with chip collector. Both deliver cutting performance that meets and exceeds corded saws.
- 40V max XGT Brushless Deep Cut Portable Band Saw (GBP01) – The Makita-built brushless motor delivers up to two times faster cutting than the 18V LXT model XBP02. Also features a full 5” x 5” cutting capacity.
- 40V max XGT Brushless 7-1/4″ Metal Cutting Saw, with Electric Brake and Chip Collector (GSC01) –The Makita-built brushless motor delivers up to two times faster cutting performance than a comparable corded saw (Makita model 4131), and up to 160 cuts per charge (XGT 4.0Ah battery).
Makita has a deep legacy in woodworking, carpentry and residential construction. Five new releases extend XGT into more spaces for wood cutting, fastening and finishing.
- 40V max XGT Brushless AVT Orbital Recipro Saw (GRJ02) – This Recipro Saw combines fast cutting with lower vibration. The Makita-built brushless motor delivers the power of a corded 15 AMP saw, with an orbital action setting for faster cuts in wood. It’s equipped with Makita’s exclusive Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT), an internal counterbalance system that significantly reduces vibration.
- 40V max XGT Brushless 9-1/4″ Circular Saw with Guide Rail Compatible Base, AWS Capable (GSH03), 40V max XGT Brushless 10-1/4″ Circular Saw with Guide Rail Compatible Base, AWS Capable (GSH04) – These two powerful saws combine efficient cutting and increased capacity with the convenience of a guide rail compatible base. When used with a guide rail (sold separately) these saws offer a more portable option over a table saw for precision cuts and breaking down sheets.
- 40V max XGT Brushless Pin Nailer, 23-Gauge (GTP01) – This powerful and portable pin nailer delivers up to 15% faster firing than the 18V LXT model XTP02. It will drive six different lengths of 23-gauge nails, with a max magazine capacity of up to 120 pin nails.
- 40V max XGT Brushless Compact Router (GTR01Z) – This full-featured compact router delivers up to 1.5HP of performance for faster cutting. Includes five speed settings to match the speed to the application.
Vacuums and Dust Extractors
Makita is adding two powerful cordless canister vacuums for use on construction job sites and in janitorial-sanitation applications. Additionally, a new compact stick vacuum takes cordless cleaning power into compact spaces.
- 40V max X2 XGT Brushless 2.1 Gallon Wet/Dry Dust Extractor/Vacuum (GCV01) – This wet/dry dust extractor/vacuum is ideal for use on both construction job sites and in janitorial-sanitation applications. It has strong suction power (148 CFM, 92” water lift), and has a 2-battery bay for a second 40V battery for extended run time.
- 40V max XGT Brushless 2.1 Gallon HEPA Filter Dry Dust Extractor, with AWS Capable (GCV02) – This HEPA Filter Dry Dust Extractor has identical strong suction power as the GCV01 (148 CFM, 92” water lift), and is also ideal for use in both construction and jan-san. It’s AWS capable for use with AWS-equipped tools and equipment for Bluetooth wireless power-on/power-off.
- 40V max XGT Brushless 4-Speed Compact Stick Vacuum (GLC02) – The compact portability of cordless stick vacuums takes cleaning power into tight spaces. The GLC02 has 42 CFM and 84″ static water lift, with four speed settings and up to 64 minutes of run time (40V max XGT 2.0Ah battery).
Two additional XGT releases include a professional 7″ polisher and a compact high-speed dust blower for precision cleaning.
- 40V max XGT Brushless 7″ Polisher (GVP01) – This is a cordless polishing solution when mobility is important. The Makita-built brushless motor with variable speed trigger and control dial enables the user to match the speed to the application.
- 40V max XGT Brushless High-Speed Dust Blower (GSA01) – The in-line fan design and a shorter length provide improved balance and ergonomics over conventional blower designs. It also has power (447 MPH of airspeed, 39 CFM) and includes five nozzles for precision clean-ups.
40V | 80V max XGT System
XGT is Makita’s 40V | 80V max system of cordless equipment and tools. XGT outpowers, outsmarts, and outlasts the rest. Through Makita’s innovative engineering, the technology within XGT will lead to creating the equipment and tools of the future. The 40V | 80V max XGT system is engineered for high-demand applications that use corded, gas, or air, the XGT System delivers higher-powered solutions. With 40V max and 80V max XGT Products, pros can fully experience a battery-powered job site.
Makita is a worldwide manufacturer of industrial power tools, power equipment, pneumatics, and cleaning solutions that offer a wide range of industrial accessories. Makita U.S.A., Inc. is located in La Mirada, California, and operates an extensive distribution network throughout the U.S.A. With over 50 years in the United States and over 100 years worldwide, Makita utilizes experience and expertise to manufacture best-in-class solutions. For more information about Makita U.S.A. call (800) 4-MAKITA or visit www.makitatools.com. Find Makita on Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter @makitatools.
Leave a Reply